Friday, January 15, 2016

Stephen Colbert Tricks Olivia Munn's Mom Into Thinking She's Engaged to Aaron Rodgers



Moms say the darnedest things.

During an episode of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert Thursday, the late-night host couldn't help but ask about the buzzing news surrounding his guest, actressOlivia Munn.

"I heard a rumor that you're engaged. I want to spread a rumor that I congratulated you," Colbert said of NFL quarterback Aaron Rodgers' alleged proposal.

"No we are not engaged—at all," the actress clarified.

In fact, the brewing rumors were so consuming, they convinced even Munn's mother, Kim.

"My mom believed it and that's when it just got too much for me," she said. "The only way I knew how to dispel the rumors was to use my mother and her text conversation with me."

The Ride Along 2 actress shared a screen shot of their hysterical interaction via text for the world to see, but it wasn't enough to ward off "Colberto's" prankster tendencies.

He grabbed Munn's phone to send Mom a follow-up text.

"Kim colberto here. So happy for the engagement!" he wrote.

While Munn may have left the set, the rumors just couldn't be left behind. Later, Kim responded with a fresh level of confusion.

"Hey, olivia, did you sent me this text, I don't know what you mean," she answered.

Colbert offered an apology via Twitter later in the evening, but Kim wasn't going to accept so easily.

"She accepts your apology," Munn tweeted back on behalf of her mom. "And your generous cash gift."

No comments:

Post a Comment